De volaille my way.

De volaille my way.
14th July, 2016
The other day I came to a conclusion that I always seem to cook the same meals. It's a routine, Monday tomato soup, Tuesday mushroom soup, Wednesday veggie soup and so on.. I have no idea why I've fallen into this boring but still very healthy and yummy routine however I must say, I love my soups! I've decided to make a 'personalised' De Volaille. I've served mine with home made coleslaw and mash potato. It really hit the spot and broke my every-day soup routine! :-)
            
Ingredients:
+ chicken breasts +
+ ham +
+ cheese +
+ flour +
+ eggs +
+ bread crumps +
+ butter +
+ vegetable oil +
+ salt, pepper, chilli powder +
         
Wash and marinate meat in salt, pepper and chilli powder. Open each whole breast. Arrange opened breasts on a tray, smooth side down. Cut a piece of ham, a piece of cheese the same size as half the breast and red peppers and arrange on top of it. Fold breast in half to cover ham and cheese. Seal edges by pounding with mallet. Repeat with remaining breast. Roll breasts in flour to coat then soak it in beaten egg and finally in bread crumps. Heat 2 tablespoons of butter and the oil in a 10-inch skillet. Add chicken breasts; cook until underside is golden brown. Turn and cook other side 6 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.