7 amazing benefits of eating ginger during pregnancy.

17th September, 2016
 If you don't know yet, I have recently found out that me and my fianc√© are expecting a new family member! :-) To celebrate the amazing news I have decided to add a new category to my blog called 'Mother and baby' where I will share amazing tips, advice and much more for mothers and expecting mothers. To start it off I've looked up some amazing benefits of eating ginger during pregnancy.
  
Of course I would never recommend anything to my readers that hasn't been tested by myself. I have recently started drinking tea with a slice of lemon and fresh ginger again (my favourite) in the morning and evening and my nausea as well as morning sickness has disappeared the next day! I'd love to mention that I have been struggling with those for few weeks now and I am currently 11 weeks pregnant.
    
Ginger is a natural ingredient that is known to neutralize stomach acids and thus reduce occurrences of gas, bloated feeling and aids digestion. Here are some of the most common benefits of ginger use in pregnancy:
 
Ginger stimulates blood circulation and makes sure
the baby gets adequate blood supply.
 
Ginger reduces cholesterol level, which reduces the risks
of a high cholesterol level during pregnancy.
 
If you are suffering from morning sickness and nausea,
you can expect relief by taking ginger.
 
Ginger is effective for treating common colds,
minor ailments and persistent coughs.
 
It is known to contain about 12 antioxidants that work
as a great anti-inflammatory agent and also neutralize
the free radicals.
 
Make sure you use fresh ginger in tea or for cooking purpose.
It increases the supply of iron and vitamin C that
supports the immune system of your unborn child.
This reduces the chances of birth defects.
 
Ginger is low in sodium that makes it a safe option
in different recipes.