I'm in love with a child I haven't yet met.

23rd October, 2016
I have received hundreds of emails in the past few weeks congratulating me and my fiancé on our first pregnancy. We'd love to thank each and one of you for your kind words. This post has been requested by many of you however it would be posted anyway since I'd love to share my beautiful journey with you!
    
We've found out the amazing news on the 15th of August, 2016. Seven days after our 2nd anniversary! How amazing is that? My first reaction was really bad as I was in so much shock! I did not expect to be pregnant, I didn't even believe I could get pregnant regardless of all the symptoms that I have been experiencing for weeks; sore breasts, morning sickness, dizziness, nose bleeds, bad cravings and the most obvious one - 1 and a half month late period!
    
I just wasn't ready to bring a mini me into this world. I was also afraid of telling my parents, and surprisingly their reaction was very positive! I slept on it and the next day I've realised that there is nothing to worry about, bearing in mind that I had support from my family as well as Callum's. Back to the 15th, Callum's reaction was 'pure happiness'. I've never seen this man so happy, he was glowing. Believe me when I say he didn't take that smile off his face for a good week lol! We have booked an appointment with my gynaecologist the same week to confirm the pregnancy. Of course the test said 'positive' and we were over the moon, but that's not it! I still had doubts until my first scan, again - regardless of all the symptoms! The day I fully believed that this is really happening and there is a part of me and the love's of my life growing inside my womb, was on the day of our first scan which was done at 10 weeks and 6 days (see photo below)! That was one of the most emotional days in my life, I've cried like a baby the minute I see our little bubba resting in mummy's belly!
       

   
Since that day we have both changed our lifestyles. We've stopped going out, or spending money on silly things, we have focused on my little bump and nothing else matters. I am currently 16 weeks and 6 days, and we can't wait to feel our child move for the first time! On the 17th of November we will find out our baby's gender which is another big day to look forward to! Callum is hoping for a little boy! I'm totally not bothered with the gender. Our 2nd scan (see photos below) was done at 13 weeks and 4 days, where all of the blood test has been taken. Our little one looked completely different to what we see couple of weeks ago at our first scan! The head was already shaped, arms and long legs were all over the place, little one was twirling around and turning their backside on us! Our baby was so active I couldn't believe that I can't feel it move or kick just yet. Such an active baby, of course I got emotional again. Callum was so exited!
        
      
Fur Vest - here // Sweater - here
  
   
As much as you want to plan your life, it has a way of surprising you with unexpected things that will make you happier than you've originally planned. That's what you call God's Will.
 
I'm in love with a child I haven't yet met!
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I can't imagine how it must feel to discover you are pregnant, especially when you aren't expecting it! It's so lovely to hear how excited you are and I look forward to reading more about your journey!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful post. It must be an amazing time for both of you. Happy Sunday, doll.
    xox
    Lenya
    FashionDreams&Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats hun, this must be such an amazing and exciting time for you <3
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow congratulations! Do you have any names in mind?
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your pregnancy. Good luck dear! {{{hugs}}}

    xo, mikéla / simplydavelyn.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you hun, it's hard with the back pain and constipation lol but it's all worth it.
    Kisses!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, yea Christiana for a girl and Tyrese or Rio for a boy.
    What do you think?
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, of course it is, best time of my life..
    Have a lovely day. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks star!
    Yeah it's such a special and bonding time for all 3 of us. =)
    Have a lovely day!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww thanks hun. It was such a shock. The day I've found out I was scared to walk so I don't hurt my baby lmao. Over exaggerating, that's me! :-D Thank you for commenting have a lovely day. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations dear.
    Your blog is lovely.

    www.okoroyvonne.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!! That's so exciting! And you look so beautiful!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and you will soon be meeting that sweet baby! =)

    Reagan

    www.reaganinmyownworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you darling!! I doubt any pregnancy can go smooth loool but let's hope so ayy. Have a lovely weekend! Thank you for stopping by. Kisses! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Cheers to a healthy baby!
    www.yvesofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !!
Let's connect !!
Instagram: www.instagram.com/its.dominica.s
Facebook fanpage: www.facebook.com/its.dominica.s