10 things I love about December.

December is definitely my favourite month, that one month I look forward to throughout all year, simply because I love Christmas and December is fulfilled with warm and festive spirit. I love counting days until the Christmas dinner and enjoying every day and part of the last month of the year!
   
  
    
10 things I love about December.
1. Presents shopping and wrapping. I love choosing wonderful and special presents for my family! Wrapping them up in colourful and glittery paper is even more fun! I love spoiling my parents, fiancé, pets and soon our first child, Christiana!
 
2. Oranges and mandarins. In my house Christmas without a massive stock of these fruits isn't Christmas! Me or my parents always ensure to have a big supply of them, the amazing smell that fulfils the whole house when the oranges are being peeled is irreplaceable.
 
3. Christmas jumpers. I love the fact that in December you can get away with wearing Christmas jumpers or funny festive outfits and onesies. I never ever owned one myself - don't ask me why, I don't know. Finally this year me and my fiancé we've got ourselves some beautiful and cosy Christmas jumpers to rock this month.
   
4. Festive decorations. Late evening walks are my favourite, especially with all the flashing lights and glowing decorations all around. I love people who put in so much effort to make their houses look like a fairy tale!
  
5. Hand made decorations. Yes! This is the best part of it, creating your own decorations, from candle holders to Christmas wreaths. See my last year wreath here. Let your mind run wild and surprise your next door neighbours with a unique door wreath made by you! This could also be a perfect idea for a Christmas present!
  
6. Christmas comedies. I always look forward to cosy nights in bed with candles on, a hot cup of tea and a tin full of ginger biscuits, enjoying the one and only Bridget Jone's diary or Home alone, and many more!
  
7. House and tree decorating! My house always looks so festive at this time of the year, this has been a tradition from ever since I can remember and I will ensure to carry this tradition on until my very last Christmas! We always choose a real spruce or pine tree to put in the living room, the smell is incredible and I can not imagine it any other way!
     
8. Baking. I love putting my baking skills to the test and this month is perfect for it. From baking bread, buns to yummy cakes and muffins! The smell of cinnamon, ginger and honey around the house makes me so happy on the inside and they taste so lovely!
   
9. Family gathering. We're always too busy caught up in everyday life and situations! Unable to spend the time we would want with our loved ones. December is all about family to me, no matter how hectic this month can get I always make sure to dedicate as much time as I can to my closest ones. From the 24th onwards my phone is going off, it is all about family dinners, gathering, catching up and bonding.
    
10. Reflection and renewal. Above all, December is a month of renewal, reflection and preparation. It is a time to wrap up the year, to wrap up old habits and plan for new ones. This is a beautiful time that invites reminiscing and change. Plan to embrace the goals you have for upcoming year and think about what you would like to leave behind you in the current one.
  
   
   

12 comments:

  1. Katie Hutchinson2 December 2016 at 10:50

    I love a Christmas comedy too, Elf is a firm favourite of mine. I love the Christmassy touches you've added to your blog too, the mouse and the music player have gotten me right in the Christmas spirit.

    https://ninety7blog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the smell of cinnamon too! My favourite thing about december is just the cosy nights in with cups of hot chocolate.
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree about the cosy nights in, I'm not a fun of hot chocolate to be honest with you but I love tea lol.
    Have a lovely December hun, thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, glad you like it! =)
    Enjoy your weekend, thanks for stopping by!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dominica... I love the holiday times for all the decorations and awesome scents... xox ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't celebrate Christmas but I still love it and I also love december. Everything is so pretty and everyone is so happy, it's impossible not to love it.

    Marta - www.aroundcolours.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post, I find myself so much in this! I love The Holiday as a holiday movie, it's just my favorite.
    Truly enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for the holiday touches on the blog, especially the music.

    Agnese's Coiffeuse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Family is definitely the best part of December, and all the wonderful times with family and friends! :)

    Hope you are having a great start to the week :)

    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yesss it is lovely especially if you don't get to see them throughout the year, in my case my whole family lives in Poland and Germany, the only time I get to see my grandparents etc. is when they get to come over to England for Christmas! By the way the doggy in your profile picture is sooo adorable! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You welcome hun glad you've noticed !! :-P
    And I agree with you 100%!!
    Christmas movies are everything.
    Have a lovely day!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's true people seem so much more happier and positive during this month.
    Thanks for commenting!
    Kisses!
    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes Launna I agree with the decorations everywhere you go or look make me so happy, I'm like a kid still when it comes to Christmas! :-D Have a lovely day! xXx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !!
Let's connect !!
Instagram: www.instagram.com/its.dominica.s
Facebook fanpage: www.facebook.com/its.dominica.s