Professional bloggers vs me.

16th January, 2017
It finally snowed in England. How exiting, I couldn't help but to go outside and have a snow fight with my fiancé and our bulldog Laya. Yes those are the type of things I do at seven months of being pregnant. But how could I not, it snows like once a decade in this country.. Anyway let's get to the point. There are two types of professional bloggers, there is them and there is me. Their eyebrows are always at their fleekiest, outfits always at their pointiest.. And here I am with my rainbow shape eyebrows, a jacket that I've clearly grew out of about 7 years ago and my man's socks on, skipping another blogger meeting because I rather play in the snow with my family..
  
They post photos without any make up and look cute. No way! When I tried doing that in a collaboration with one beauty company, I looked like I've tried every possible drag on Earth.
 
The food in their Instagram photos is usually some next level posh cuisine. Not at all, if it ain't a shot of greasy pizza with double cheese or KFC bucket than it ain't nothing at all.
 
They eat lunch together at Harrods drinking from a porcelain tea cups. Never! In bed on Instagram, snuggled up in my 'mermaid' blanket purchased from China store for $99, trying to figure out what the hell on Earth 'on fleek' actually means..
 
They schedule their post one month in advance. I schedule mine a night before, often in Mc Donald's or Burger King whist biting on a fat big mac.
  
Their photos have the right amount of lighting, jewellery, Jo Malone candles and other unnecessary shits. Nah, hardly any lighting in barely renovated house, Primark candles because life is too expensive to be buying crap just for one photo.
 
They always attend blogger meetings and events. Ain't nobody got time for that, I'm not trying to make friends here, I'm about making money. Plus I ain't missing Jeremy Kyle episodes just to go to a blogger event.
 
Their Instagram profiles look like British Vogue. Hmm, photos of pets or selfies with over lined lipstick, because I can't apply lipsticks for shit, is what you'll find on my Instagram.
     
Bottom line: Be yourself. Don't ever try fitting in. I still receive hundreds of collaboration offers on a daily basis and I have very dedicated and loyal readers, bearing in mind I swear a lot in my posts, cover very controversial, sometimes weird or completely irrelevant topics, I am not your perfect 'typical' blogger, I am me. Thank you for all your support and for accepting me for who I am. :-)
    
      
P.s. Yes, Laya is wearing my top in these photos..
     
 

35 comments:

  1. Dominica, I think we need to be ourselves when writing... otherwise it comes off as being fake. I prefer reading someone that writes from the heart then someone who tries to make it perfect. Congratulations on making money on blogging, I write to have a voice and because I love to write xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny!! Good for you being honest! Keep doing your thing, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looooool. Oh my God you are one funny darling. I love your honesty and hey you got a fan right here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh I absolutely love this post! I'm definitely more like you than a professional blogger, especially when it comes to food! I don't think anyone wants to see an Instagram of my McDonalds hahaa. Also your dog is SO cute!
    Amy xx
    www.callmeamy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed reading. It's imperative to be yourself as a blogger and not try to fit in or compare yourself to other bloggers.

    Bernie, xx
    The Style Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha I loved this post! That's so funny and SO true!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed reading this post and the photos are very beautiful! thanks for sharing and have a great start of the week!
    xo Yvonne
    www.aproposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading the post---you are such an inspiration and great pics, babe!

    xoxo, Vanessa
    www.WhatWouldVWear.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOL'ed at the Big Mac! Love it!! <3
    Your dog is beautiful, btw! And her top is fabulously stylish. ;)

    www.sincerelymissj.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree... all we need to do is be ourselves. very inspiring post.
    www.larateshola.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!!!! You are the cutest, girl! I can 100% relate to everything you've shared here, so it's us vs. them ;) I'm glad you were able to spend some quality time with your fiancé and pup in the snow, I bet it was SO much fun! Oh, and yes to pizza all day errrrrrday, haha!

    XO,

    Jalisa
    www.thestylecontour.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello! I loved reading this! I am so agree with you, and I do most of the thing you do too when you post lol
    come and visit my blog , bisous from Peru
    Pd: your dog is so adorable I would like to hug him <3

    https://gallech.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved reading this post! I'm a pizza, last minute, stay in and watch netflix type of girl too!
    Love these photos in the snow and your pug is so cute!
    Julia x
    http://www.thevelvetrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Loving your blog :)

    Love Toneia x http://www.thebeautymisfit.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. And that's what I am coming here for, to see and read YOU, Dominica, no wait, let's not forget I am here to see that cute Laya, Gosh isn't she a cutie pie! Give her a cuddle, will ya.
    xox
    Lenya
    New update: Swan Lake

    ReplyDelete
  16. Theses photos are really beautiful tho.
    It's good to be ourself.
    xx,
    Margot
    https://troughthepasturesofthesky.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you said, it's definitely important to write for passion more than anything else!! Have a lovely evening!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yayyy, :-) thanks babe!!
    So happs to hear that, kisses.. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lol love it!! Thanks for reading hun. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  20. 100% agree darling, thank you for stopping by!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you've liked it hunny, kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to hear that, thank you for commenting!!
    Kisses.. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww thank you babe that's really sweet of you, kisses!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lol the big mac is a must, and loool her top is very stylish isn't it, my beat up top from when I was like 14 :-D she's been rocking it for years as I can't find any for dogs that would actually fit her with her fat self!! Thank you for reading hun. Kisses!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm glad you can relate boo lol, and yes it was fun considering it never snows in England, only lasted a day lol!! Thank you for reading hunny have a lovely week!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aww I'm glad to hear that hun!! I be over on your blog in a min!! Kisses!! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  27. and it's a girl by the way!! :-D xXx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks hun, she's an English bulldog not pug by the way :-D thank you for commenting and yes all about pizza in bed watching Netflix!! :-D xXx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lol awww thank you hunny and Laya always gets more love and attention than me :-D I will cuddle her all night ain't got a choice as she sleeps with me!! I'll check out your new post in a sec!! Kisses.. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aw I think everyone should be their self when it comes to their blog so it's great that you have stuck to posting about what you love :) We had the tiniest amount of snow but it went in no time which I was so sad about, I was looking forward to a snow day off work! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !!
Let's connect !!
Instagram: www.instagram.com/its.dominica.s
Facebook fanpage: www.facebook.com/its.dominica.s