Valentine's day diy idea - memories jar.

6th February, 2017
What's a better way of expressing your love and feelings to your other half than by creating something special and meaningful from scratch!? DIY project gifts are under rated and I'd love to encourage each and one of you to give it a go on a special occasion such as Valentine's Day. I've came up with this memory jar diy project which can also be replaced with a box, this can be gifted to your husband, mother, father, children or a friend - you name it! Placing a bunch of amazing memories and special moments in a decorated jar or box will put a smile on anyone's face! I went for a jar simply because I find it more appealing and simply prettier...
    
How to create a memory jar:
1. Print out a photo of you and the person you are gifting this jar to.
2. Find an old jar and decorate it with previously printed photo, gems, stickers or whatever you like.
3. Write down or type up and print out memories that you've shared with the person and place them in the jar!
     
Below you can see some of the memories I've placed in my jar. It will be gifted to my fiancĂ© of 2 years on Valentine's day, which is also our 2nd engagement anniversary. What's even more special about the 14th of February this year is that we will get to see our baby girl in my belly on a 4D scan.
     
I've picked this photo of us simply because I love it. It's natural, we are both enjoying a summer afternoon in the pub, I was probably already pregnant here but unaware!! :-)
            
  
 
What do you think of this idea?
What are some of the memories that you share with your special someone?
 
 

19 comments:

  1. Aww this is os cute. You both look totally in love and the notes oh my God so romantic

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this post! xx
    elizida.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing and cute idea! It's so romantic!
    xx

    http://www.mybeautrip.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love the idea of the memories jar! Lovely idea.

    myfashionmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks great.
    I want :)

    www.thebandwagonchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this, its a really cute idea, DIY things with your partner are always so special, I once created a scrapbook of the journey of me and my (now ex) boyfriend - when we met till we got together and where we were at that time

    S x | SHELISES WORLD

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this idea! so romantic

    www.ayrins2nd.blogspot.co.id

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG when you guys farted that made me laugh! It's also definitely the moment when you realize you guys are super comfortable and perfect together. A weird but genuine indicator! Love this idea! I think that it is so thoughtful and is way better than all those conventional gifts

    ~Andrea Tiffany~
    aglimpseofglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol thanks hunt and we are totally inlove lool !!! Hope you had a lovely week so far !! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks babe, glad to hear that! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww that's so cute he must of loved it! Thanks for stopping by glad you liked.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lmao it is in deed, I think it was like 2 weeks into the relationship when he done it then I followed a week later lmao ever since then we have no shame around each other but that's how it should be, if you are willing to spend your life with someone there should be no stunting, feeling ashamed or embarrassed right? Kisses hun. xXx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this, its a really cute idea of the memories jar!
    You both look gorgeous



    www.fragrisima.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment !!
Let's connect !!
Instagram: www.instagram.com/its.dominica.s
Facebook fanpage: www.facebook.com/its.dominica.s